- There are generally two kinds of fault phenomena of rolling bearing: one is that the temperature of the bearing installation part is too high, and the other is that there is noise in the bearing operation.
1. Bearing temperature too high
- When the main engine is running, the part where the bearing is installed is allowed to have a certain temperature. When touching the shell of the main engine by hand, it should be normal to feel that it is not hot. Otherwise, it indicates that the bearing temperature is too high.Common Faults of Bearings and Their Countermeasures
- The reasons for high bearing temperature include: the quality of lubricating oil does not meet the requirements or deteriorates, and the viscosity of lubricating oil is too high; Main engine assembly is too tight (insufficient clearance): bearing assembly is too tight; The rotating load of the bearing race on the shaft or in the shell is too large; Broken bearing cage or rolling element, etc.Common Faults of Bearings and Their Countermeasures
2. Bearing noise
- The rolling bearing is allowed to have a slight running sound during operation. If the sound is too loud or there is abnormal noise or impact clattering sound, it indicates that the bearing is faulty.Common Faults of Bearings and Their Countermeasures
- The causes of rolling bearing noise are complex. One is the wear of the supporting surfaces of the inner and outer rings of the bearing. This kind of wear destroys the supporting relationship between the bearing and the shell, the bearing and the shaft, causes the axis to deviate from the correct position, and the bearing produces abnormal noise when running under load.
- When the bearing is tired, the metal on its surface will peel off; It will also increase the radial clearance of the bearing and produce abnormal noise. In addition, insufficient bearing lubrication, dry friction and bearing breakage will produce abnormal sound.
- After the bearing is worn and loose, the cage is loose and damaged, which will also produce abnormal noise.Common Faults of Bearings and Their Countermeasures
Troubleshooting method,Common Faults of Bearings and Their Countermeasures
(1) When replacing the bearing, carefully check the new bearing, and carefully check the shaft diameter, bearing seat hole and rotor;
(2) When assembling and disassembling the bearing, strictly implement the maintenance process and operate carefully to avoid bearing damage caused by improper assembly and disassembly;
(3) Refuel and change the oil on time to ensure that the working condition of the bearing is always in good condition; (4) Check carefully during operation, and eliminate the hidden trouble in time if it is found.