- NTN bearing is a precision component, which needs to be carefully used. No matter how high-performance cylindrical roller bearings are used, if they are not used properly, the expected high performance will not be obtained. The following are some precautions for the use of bearings.
Effect of Precautions on Service life of NTN Cylindrical Roller Bearing
- 1、 Keep the bearings and their surroundings clean
- Even if the fine dust invisible to the naked eye enters the NTN bearing, it will increase the wear, vibration and noise of the bearing. Cylindrical roller bearings and their surrounding accessories shall be kept clean, especially dust and dirt, tools and working environment.Effect of Precautions on Service life of NTN Cylindrical Roller Bearing
2、 Use and install carefully
- It is not allowed to punch with force, directly knock the bearing with a hammer, or transmit pressure through the rolling element.Effect of Precautions on Service life of NTN Cylindrical Roller Bearing
3、 Use proper and correct installation tools
- Use special tools as much as possible, such as special heaters and puller tools, and try to avoid using things such as cloth and short fiber.Effect of Precautions on Service life of NTN Cylindrical Roller Bearing
4、 Prevent bearing corrosion
- When taking the bearing directly by hand, be sure to wash the sweat from your hands and apply high-quality mineral oil before operation. Pay special attention to rust prevention in rainy season and summer. However, under some special operating conditions, cylindrical roller bearings can obtain a longer life than the traditional calculation, especially under light load.
- The premise of these special operations is that when the rolling surface (track and rolling parts) is effectively separated by a lubricating oil film and limits the possible surface damage caused by pollutants. In fact, under the ideal premise, the so-called permanent bearing life is possible.
- There are many factors affecting the service life of NTN bearings, which can be roughly divided into service factors and internal factors.
- Use factors mainly refer to whether the installation, adjustment, use and maintenance, maintenance and repair meet the technical requirements. The installation condition is one of the primary factors in the use factors. The improper installation leads to the change of the stress state between the parts of the whole set of cylindrical roller bearing.
- The NTN bearing operates in an abnormal state and ends its service life early. Internal factors mainly refer to the three factors that determine the quality of bearings, such as structural design, manufacturing process and material quality.Effect of Precautions on Service life of NTN Cylindrical Roller Bearing
- The manufacturing of bearings generally goes through multiple processing procedures. The rationality, advanced nature and stability of all the processing technologies will also affect the life of bearings.
- The heat treatment and grinding processes that affect the quality of finished cylindrical roller bearings are more directly related to the failure of NTN bearings.